Thursday, October 25, 2007

October 25



We've had a dull week, mostly because we haven't known what to do with ourselves. We have just about figured that out by now because we've had time to think. Monday night we invited 3 other couples over for brownies and ice cream. We just sat around and talked and enjoyed each other. Tuesday afternoon, we went back out to Mahaica to see Brother Jardine. We took him some literacy materials and a couple of novels for his student. Tuesday night and Wednesday night we went visiting families in the Demerara Branch with President Stanley. He has been recruiting for seminary and we have a car and he doesn't. Tuesday I got my first haircut and I am quite happy with my hairdresser. She isn't as good as Gerry Brooke, but I'm happy. One thing - she put a steel grey rinse on my hair. She wanted to get the yellow out. I was horrified, but remembered my vow to be happy with whatever. When she dried it, the steel grey was more silver. Fortunately, it washed out this morning. We are flying to Suriname tomorrow. This is our first visit. I think we may be going once a month. There are two pictures here. The first is "trench lillies". They grow in the trenches where the waste water is. Look how big they are. The other picture is the Presaud Nagar Building here in Georgetown. This one is the closest to where we live.

No comments: