Sunday, January 20, 2008

Crabwood Creek





We went to Crabwood Creek for Sacrament Service today, Sunday, January 20. It is the newest almost branch in the mission. There are 24 members. Crabwood Creek is another hour and a half drive from New Amsterdam, which is an hour and a half to the ferry. We got to New Amsterdam in record time on Saturday (two hours total) and spent the night with another senior couple, the Larsons. The local CES supervisor wanted to go and see if there were any teenagers or young adults, and she wanted to take her two daughters. The Platts, another senior couple, went and took the District President, the District Primary President and the District Young Women President. Our cars were really full. Sometimes, we think that the major reason we are invited is because we have a car. Whatever, we enjoyed it. When we picked up the District President, he asked me to speak in Sacrament Meeting on families. I spent the hour and a half trip, putting that together. Things went well because the Holy Ghost took charge. It was a delight to participate. Elder Langford took pictures of us cleaning up before the meeting. One sister took my rice broom away from me because I was taking too long. I watched her for awhile and then asked for it back and I think I did a better job. The church sign is on a chalk board. Elder Langford got a kick out of the fact that the arrow was pointed the wrong way.

No comments: