Sunday, April 6, 2008

Plantain Chips





This is Auntie Honey. Any elderly woman becomes “Auntie” to all of her friends and acquaintances. She is frying plantain chips and they are delicious. She uses a wood fire in the area under her house. She makes them in the early morning and late afternoon and sells them by the bag. Everyone knows where she lives. There were a steady stream of people while we were visiting her tenant. She has been doing this for 42 years. Getting a plantain slicer is on my list of things to purchase. I have tried making plantain chips and they have to be sliced as thinly as potato chips. Now I know where to go to get one. Watch out Walnut Creek!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.